Thank you for your participation in ACA International’s members-only community forum. The Hub allows members to pose questions, solicit and offer advice, benefit from the experience of peers, and contribute to ongoing conversation about issues of concern to the member community. The Hub is a monitored, but unmoderated forum. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, some basic guidelines for participation are set forth below; please participate responsibly.
Hub Community Purpose
Hub Community Members agree to not forward or distribute in whole or in part any messages, materials, or other information (“Content”) maintained on the Hub to nonsubscribers, including ACA nonmembers. “Content” does not include information otherwise readily available to the general public. Community Members may not allow others to use his or her Hub account access or subscription(s). The Content maintained on the Hub is intended for the exclusive use of ACA members in protecting and advancing their individual and collective credit and collection industry interests, consistent with ACA’s Mission and Values. Community Members commit to uphold and protect this purpose and understand that a failure to do so may constitute a violation of the ACA Code of Conduct. Community Members will not use Content derived from the Hub to the prejudice of fellow ACA members. Community Members may not furnish or aid in furnishing Content to any individual or entity representing other industry or legal interests contrary to this purpose or ACA’s Mission and Values.
Hub Community Etiquette
1. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation. Challenge others’ viewpoints respectfully.
2. Post Content only to the most appropriate lists or libraries.
3. State concisely and clearly the Content topic in the subject line; this allows others to respond appropriately to your posting and makes it easier to search Hub archives by subject.
4. Include a signature tag on all messages indicating your name, affiliation and location.
5. When replying to a message:
a. Include only relevant portions of the original message in your reply; delete unnecessary header information and insert your response before the original posting.
b. Refrain from posting messages that merely agree with previous messages.
c. Send a message to the entire list only when you think it contains information everyone may benefit from. Direct messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list by using the "Reply to Sender" link.
6. Do not ‘forward’ automated e-mail notifications sent to you from the Hub. Forwarding an email notification to a nonmember disturbs the Community Purpose recited above and may also allow recipient access to your individual account.
7. Refrain from making political endorsements or inappropriate political statements.
8. The Hub is not intended as a job posting board for job openings or employment availability.
9. Do not post administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list” to the Hub. Instead, log in to your Hub account to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If your e-mail address has changed, simply change your settings.
10. Portfolios available for sale may only be posted within the Asset Buying discussion group and must contain the information listed below. Portfolio bids must be provided directly to the portfolio seller:
a. Portfolio description (please limit to 250 words);
b. Seller’s Full Name;
c. Seller’s Contact Information (phone/e–mail);
d. Portfolio Type: Automobile, Commercial Paper, Consumer Loans, Credit Cards, Healthcare Receivables, Lease, Mortgages, Mixed, Pay Day Loans, Student Loans, Telecom, or Utility;
e. Number of Accounts;
f. Face Value;
g. In/Out-of-Statute Status;
11. With the exception of debt portfolio posts within the Asset Buying discussion group as noted above, do not post commercial messages to the Hub. The Hub is not intended for promotion of specific products, services, websites, events, individuals or companies. Contact members directly with product and service information if you believe it would assist them.
Hub Community Rules
1. As with any online discussion forum, the Hub, including access via the MemberCentric app should not be regarded as a secure system and should not be used for confidential communications. Access to create a Hub profile is provided only to ACA members, login is required to post online to discussion groups, and these Terms require each member participant to uphold the Community Purpose stated above. Despite these reasonable controls, it is possible for individual members to improperly share information from the Hub and there are no reasonable means to monitor whether improper sharing occurs. If you become aware of a member’s use in violation of these Terms, you may report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Impersonating another is prohibited. Do not allow others to access your account. Do not access an account belonging to another.
3. Posting defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or otherwise illegal Content is prohibited. Discussion within the Hub is subject to ACA’s anti-harassment policy.
4. Postings may be subject to state and federal copyright laws. Do not post any material protected by copyright or trademark without permission. By posting Content, the posting member warrants and represents he or she owns the copyright or trademark with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright or trademark owner.
5. Use caution when discussing another’s business, products, or services. Inappropriate Content may be subject to state and federal privacy, publicity, defamation, criminal, and antitrust laws and regulations.
6. Conduct on the Hub is subject to ACA’s antitrust policy. Do not post Content that may encourage or facilitate members to engage in any activity or discussion for the purpose of bringing about any understanding or agreement to: raise, lower, or stabilize prices; regulate production; allocate markets; encourage boycotts; foster unfair trade practices; assist monopolization; engage in any standardization which will injure competitors; or violate federal or state antitrust laws. To this end, do not use the Hub for discussing pricing or anything which may affect prices such as costs, discounts, terms of sale, salaries, wages, profits or profit margins; uniform terms of sale, warranties, or contract provisions; division of customers or territories; or future pricing, marketing, expansion, policy, or other plans with a competitive overtone. The Hub may not be used in furtherance of illegally putting another competitor at an unfair disadvantage.
Hub Terms of Access Violations
ACA may, but does not assume the obligation to actively monitor the Hub for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in order to preserve a climate that encourages civil and fruitful dialogue and to protect the Community Purpose, ACA reserves the right and discretion to respond as follows for any suspected violation of these Terms about which ACA becomes aware: post moderation; Content removal; access suspension or termination; issuance of private or public warnings; notification to the ACA Ethics Committee of inappropriate conduct; referral to law enforcement, or other appropriate action as may be warranted by the prohibited conduct.
The Legal Stuff
These terms may be modified from time to time and such modifications shall be effective upon their posting to the Hub.
ACA does not review the background of any Community Member; Community Members are solely responsible for determining the truth or validity of any statements made on the Hub. ACA is not responsible for and does not endorse or approve any opinions, information or other Content posted to the Hub by others. Views presented are not the views of ACA unless they are made by an authorized representative.
ACA is not responsible for your or any others’ use of the material posted on the Hub, whether or not authorized.
ACA does not have any control and is not responsible for the information collection practices of third party sites which may be accessed via the Hub.
ACA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION POSTED ON THE HUB, WHETHER POSTED BY ACA, YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY. THIS DISCLAIMER INCLUDES ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL ACA BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY INFORMATION POSTED ON THE HUB.
If any materials derived from the Hub are demanded or ordered to be produced during a legal proceeding, Community Members are encouraged to oppose the discovery or order to extent the law permits, and contact ACA’s Legal Department.
Questions about the Hub Terms of Access? Contact the Communications Department at email@example.com.
Last Updated August 4, 2016